Submission Instructions for the Board of Regents Awards
Awards are granted in five categories:
- Scholarship, research, or creative activity
- Public service to state, nation or humanity in general
- Mentoring of students
- Innovation (formerly Effectiveness and Efficiency)
- The nominee must have been a USM faculty member for at least 5 years.
- The nomination must be based on work done at USM.
- The work should have occurred in the last 3 calendar years.
USM's Academic Affairs has revised the procedures for nominationing individuals for these awards. The nomination process now requires two stages of review, an early screening and then a later more elaborate submission. See the detailed instructions below.
- Submit the following in electronic format (Microsoft Word or Adobe pdf) by October 7th to:
Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs
1119 Main Administration Building
- A summary vitae of no more than 10 pages.
- A one page essay by the nominee describing his/her qualifications for the nomination.
- A letter of nomination by the chair/dean.
- An additional 1-3 “internal” letters of nomination with phone numbers and addresses of each nominator.
- A completed certification form documenting then nominee's employment history at the University and fulfillment of our workload requirements in teaching/research/service.
- Documentation of achievement.
- For teaching: peer evaluation of teaching, testimonials from students, student learning outcomes assessment.
- For research, scholarship or creative activities: up to 3 external letters of recommendation.
- For mentoring: up to 5 letters from students.
Note that altogether the package in parts 1-2 must not exceed 19 pages! Contact Betty Wineke regarding submission procedures at x56803.